Wednesday, August 26, 2009

George's Service Diary: Sun. Jan. 3

Red flights on alert for the morning, with two morning missions scheduled, but rain early in the morning and clouds all morning caused both missions to be cancelled. In fact, we didn’t even have to get up until 9:30; went down to the line at 10, came back up at 11:30. During the afternoon I went to town and bought a money-order for 80 pounds to send to Betty before I lost it gambling. Was paid 89 pounds and sent her 80. While in town I stopped at the laundry to pick up my laundry. It had been there for three weeks, due to the laundry’s breakdown, and no one knew where anyone’s laundry was. So I hunted around and found about half of my own clothes. But I picked up enough to finish out my list, and resolved to send no more laundry there. When I got back I told the rest of the boys, and they went in to get their clothes.

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat,I will enjoy reading,did not notice it being on here till this morning,looking forward to reading more,they were two sweet people,and I miss them as I do others that have gone on. God Bless them all.

    ReplyDelete